Most surveyors/solicitors will advise clients to ensure that gas installations are tested before buying a property. We can carry out such inspections and certification for home owners and prospective purchasers.
These are in the same statutory form as are used for landlords' certification and includes inspection of all gas appliances, meter and visible pipework to confirm compliance with regulations and safe operation.
The Safety inspection will detail:
• The date and address of the examination,
• The prospective purchasers details (name and address),
• Description and location of the appliances and/or flue,
• Recognition of and recording of any defects,
• The name and signature of the gas operative and CORGI registration details.
The following checks will be carried out to ensure the appliance is safe to use:
• Appliance operating pressure or heat input, or where necessary, both
• Correct operation of safety devices
• Ensure adequate ventilation is available where required
• Visual examination of the flue system, including satisfactory flue termination
• Where applicable, a flue flow test and/or a spillage test
On completion, the findings are entered on a Landlord/Homeowner Gas Safety Record.
This is a useful tool for sellers as it can give prospective assurance of the safety of the building's gas installation for continued use.